Monday, April 30, 2012

Finish Strong

This week I had a chance to talk to a business coach from another industry, and he was relating to me that in his experience, it is the "last 10%" that makes the difference between having a great company, and having a mediocre company.

If there is one thing in my life, it has been that it is important to finish what you start. My early years in Montessori school instilled this value and if that had not been enough, my high school cross country coach drove the point home with one thing to add. Don't just run to the finish line, but run through it. It can be the difference between first place and 5th in some cases. I am reminded of our final district race my senior year, where our top runner came to the finish line and just waltzed a cross, winning the race. Because he did not run through the finish line, he missed breaking the school record by one second.

In work, in faith, in relationship, in all, I look forward to being able to say with confidence what Paul says in Philippians 3:14. "I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment