Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My Underoos

I’m not going to lie…I want some. Yes these are adult sized Underoos, and I don’t see anything wrong with it. And why not? My only question is why didn’t someone think of this much sooner?

As I consider my purchase, I am reminded of a man my brother and I once worked for in the staffing world. He was a self-employed business owner with many years of prior experience in the industry. He taught me two very important lessons that I have taken with me over the years.

The first lesson was peculiar to me, but I have heard the same thing from multiple sources. It is about wearing ties in the business industry. Different colors and styles can convey different things, but a red tie always indicates a person is in a position of power, or they want to have a position of power over you. He told me that he will sometimes wear red if he knows that he has to lay down the law, or to show potential clients that he has the authority to make decisions.

The second was a lesson in war. He likened the way that we should prepare for a sale to the way a general decides to attack an enemy. A general has an entire arsenal at his disposal. He has knives, handguns, rifles, shotguns, machine guns, helicopters, tanks, fighter jets, missile launchers, H-bombs and more, and though he takes all of these weapons to the theatre, he only uses the weapons he will need to defeat his opponent in battle. For example, if his foes have an assortment of automatic rifles, and hand grenades, he will likely come at them with automatic rifles and hand grenades. If that doesn't do the trick he may employ the next step. In contrast, if his enemies bare a collection of bows and arrows, and knives, he is not going to utilize a hydrogen bomb to take them out. The point is, be prepared, but don't use any more than you have to to convince a potential client to buy into your product. In some cases, like Jerry McGuire, you have them at "hello".

I wonder what the protocol is on wearing Underoos beneath your business clothes. No doubt, it will give hidden inspiration to those who choose to. Then again, how much more powerful may they be when worn on the outside of your clothes? Hmmm…

1 comment:

  1. Underoo's selection is all about the super hero you select. In this case, color, parallels to ties and war have no bearing. ALWAYS go with Superman!!

    ReplyDelete