Friday, April 1, 2011

Two More Buns In The Oven

In 2005 my brother and his wife brought twins into this world (a boy and a girl), and just last week they had their third child, a boy. In talking with my bro I asked him how this experience compared to the last and he gave me some exciting news. “It’s so much easier for a lot of reasons. Number one we don’t have twins which means we have a lot more time. Number two, he’s an easy baby and he only cries if he is hungry. He doesn’t care if he’s hot or cold, or if he’s sitting in a full diaper.”

Of course I was happy for him, and I congratulated him on such a easy baby, but now I look ahead with a fair amount of terror in my gut. While I am happy we are pregnant again, and while I once thought it would be fun to have twins, our first so far has been a rather large handful until just recently. He is 8 months now and he is getting to a fun phase where he is scooting on the floor, talking all sorts of new sounds that he hears, and claps his hands and smiles for your constant approval. In the beginning, however, he had terrible reflux, which meant lots of spitting up, lots of crying for all three of us, and lots of screaming in pain. As life changing as one child has been, I am scared to think of what two more will do in our extremely busy lives.

I’m thankful that right now we have insurance, and although I am not looking forward to having to meet our full deductibles so soon after we had the first one, Molly and I thought it was important to go ahead and have a SECOND one so that the two were close in age and could share life together. So as I sit here, half excited and half numb, my mind turns to baby names. So far I think we have some cool ones, and some funny ones too: David and Nathan – we like these because they are faithful men in the Bible who new each other (and my name is Jonathan). Bert and Ernie – this is kind of a joke, but would be kinda fun. And for girls, April and Fools – because this is all fiction. Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! You totally got me at first. I was like, why haven't I heard about this yet?!

    ReplyDelete