Saturday, January 8, 2011

Pastor Pete's Challenge

This week our pastor challenged us to look into 2011 and write down the things we hope God will do IN us this year and THROUGH us. So here is my list, short and spontaneous as it may be.

IN me:
I pray that God gives me a contentment and/or sense of fulfillment in my job, or lead me to another one.
I pray that God will help me to be more gentle, and less volatile when things don't go the way I expect.
I pray that God will make me the husband and father I am meant to be daily.
I pray that God will give me a desire for exercising, and becoming more healthy.

THROUGH ME:
I pray God will give me the words to sing and notes to write for Out of Shadows and their listeners.
I pray that God will speak truth and life through me to my friends, family and colleagues.
I pray that people would develop more of a passion to know Christ more intimately in response to my interactions with them.
I pray that God will give me the wisdom to use to lead my family as God intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment