Friday, April 23, 2010

Cleaning out the Office

With the arrival of our new baby coming soon, we have quite the list to accomplish ahead of time. In addition to painting the baby room, registering for a new crib, getting a ceiling fan and finding a pediatrician, we have the dubious task of cleaning out our office. More specifically, we need to clean out the junk in our office. Remember when you moved in, you had a place for everything, and the stuff that didn't fit anywhere else landed in one cramped space. Well, welcome to our office. Up until two days ago, we had never stepped foot inside this room to work on anything productive because even our office chairs were holding up our extra stuff.

Having put off the task for some time now, we have employed the services of one of our good friends. Apparently there is a market for this, and having lived in my own apartment, I can see why. I have joked several times about lighting match on my desk whereby eliminating the needless paper that has no home. I seem to be paralyzed by the stacks for which I cannot categorize on my own. What I didn't know is that there is a philosophy that fits my way of thinking. Until hearing that, I thought I was just a lost cause.

I look forward to the process. We are setting goals for progress, and knowing there is a plan is comforting to us both. What is it about a plan that makes us feel better? Perhaps it's the illusion of control. Well...here's to progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment